Prologue: Al-Fatihah to our national heroes who were killed in the Nuri crash a few days back. May Allah bless their souls always.
Watched the iklan? I’ve watched it countless times. The budak is especially cute. Kenapa saya suka rumah saya? Why do I like my home?
1) My home is the only country in the world who trains fighter pilots just for them to meet death while piloting one of the oldest/faultiest heli models in the world.
2) Here in my home we rejoice the economic growth of dollar decreament to ringgit (going to be RM3 per dollar soon, baby), just to witness the inflation skyrocketing. I bought a packet of soybean milk for RM2 at the pasar malam tapi bila tuang tak smp pun dua gelas. Apakah?
3) We pride ourselves for being a multiracial country only to have different Pasar Sayurs for Malays and Chinese in Selayang Baru.
4) And don’t even mention the football team.
5) It’s here that when I look at the kepala ikan I’m about to throw, I start worrying whether I’d be buried under a mountain of kepala ikans in ten years to come.
6) Here in our country the news of Datuk Siti earning a shiner courtesy of Datuk K’s fist (or so they say) is a front-page material alongside a very tragic airspace disaster.
Malaysia, Rumahku. Right.